Tagged With hecs


Dear Lifehacker, I have a question in regard to tax deduction. If I take a Commonwealth supported place in my master degree study and pay my student contribution amount in full up-front, can I claim that as an education expense? It's not the amount I am paying back, it's the upfront student contribution amount. Hope to hear from you ASAP!