The excitement surrounding the release of DC’s The Batman film is ramping up in 2022. (Tickets are officially on sale, in fact). And while that’s all kinds of thrilling, we are still waiting for the new film to drop – meaning that fans of the Bat will need to make do with older (no less epic) movies for now.
Luckily, there’s no shortage of available Batman films for you to watch, and we’ve got all the streaming locations ready for you right here.
Where to stream all the Batman movies
Plenty of actors have taken on the cape and cowl over the years. From Michael Keaton and Christian Bale to George Clooney and Ben Affleck, the list of Batman interpretations is long – and their effectiveness, varied.
With so many different iterations of Batman you might be wondering exactly how many Batman movies there are? Apparently, we’re up to 19 now if you count all the time Batman has appeared on the big screen.
However, to keep this list contained we haven’t included the animated Batman movies, but you can find a heap of them over on Stan right now. As for the movies, you’ll find a few like Tim Burton’s original Batman and Batman vs Superman on Netflix, but the rest have different streaming homes.
Here’s where you can find the live-action Batman films on Australian streaming services:
- Batman: The Movie (1966): digital rental starting at $3.99 via YouTube, Google Play, Apple TV, Amazon Prime or the Microsoft Store.
- Batman (1989): stream on Netflix, Binge, Paramount+ or Stan.
- Batman Returns (1992): stream on Binge, Paramount+ or Stan.
- Batman Forever (1995): stream on Binge, Paramount+ or Stan.
- Batman & Robin (1997): stream on Netflix, Binge, Paramount+ or Stan.
- Batman Begins (2005): digital rental starting at $2.99 via Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Google Play, Microsoft Store, YouTube and Fetch TV.
- The Dark Knight (2008): stream on Binge, Paramount+ or Stan.
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012): stream on Paramount+.
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016): stream on Netflix, Binge, Paramount+ or Stan.
- Justice League (2017): stream on Binge or Stan.
- Zack Snyder’s Justice League (2021): stream on Binge.
Which Batman movies are connected?
When it comes to Batman movies, they’re all over the place in terms of timelines and connections.
Michael Keaton’s Batman and Batman Returns can be easily viewed as a duo. Technically Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are also considered sequels in this series but they swap out actors behind the mask each time.
Christopher Nolan’s Batman films are all connected with Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises all part of one sequential trilogy.
Then we come to the DCEU. Batman in this universe begins with Ben Affleck facing off against Henry Cavill in Batman vs Superman. This Batman’s story is then continued in Justice League and Zack Snyder’s Justice League and you can also catch a glimpse of him in 2017’s Suicide Squad.
Where to stream all the Batman TV shows
Batman has featured in more animated TV series than anything else, but you can also find the classic Adam West TV show or a newer Batman origin story in Gotham on streaming services now.
- Batman (1966): Available for purchase via Apple TV and Google Play digital stores.
- Batman: The Animated Series: stream on Stan.
- Batman Beyond: available for purchase via Apple TV, Google Play and Microsoft digital stores.
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold: stream on Binge or Stan.
- Gotham: stream on Netflix.
That should be more than enough content to get you by for the moment. Now you just have to pick which brooding Bruce Wayne is for you.
This article has been updated since its original publish date.