With winter in full bloom and the days getting darker, you’re probably blowing up your energy bill. There are a few simple things you can do to cut that bill down to size.
The ideas here are pretty simple, but implementing them can save you a bundle on your bills:
- Audit which electronics you use, then put some on a timer and unplug any that don’t need to be powered on all day.
- Switch your lights over to LEDs and remember to turn your lights off when you’re not around.
- Keep all your tech that can’t be turned off on a separate outlet so you don’t accidentally shut them off.
- Check that your vents are open and circulating air like you want them to.
- Set your ceiling fan to rotate clockwise to better circulate heat.
- Double-check your thermostat schedule to make sure it’s running as needed.
Combined, all these tips should help cut down your heating bill cost.