Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Earth’s near-miss with a building-sized asteroid, everything you might have missed from CES 2017, nine fun tricks you can do with static electricity.
- An asteroid just flew by Earth two times closer than the moon – and we barely saw it coming. Business Insider has the story.
- 2017 looks to be a good year for comics. Kotaku has a guide to all the exciting new stuff coming out between now and December. Read it here.
- If you ever wanted to be a wizard, or just to try your hand at some magic tricks, you should learn the dark art of… static electricity. Here are nine tricks anyone can learn.
- Telstra came last again in Netflix’s monthly speed rankings while Optus won its 16th consecutive survey. Business Insider has the details.
- From dubious-looking electric cars, to the latest in smartphones, wafer-thin TVs and beds that kick you out for snoring, here’s everything Gizmodo spotted on the show floor at CES 2017.