BlackBerry may still be tanking in the smartphones market but one thing it has always done well is mobile device management (MDM). The vendor is sticking with what it's good at by releasing a new set of enterprise mobile management (EMM) suites that combine its MDM expertise with the security capabilities of its most recent acquisition. Here are the details.
Last year, BlackBerry snapped up mobile security provider Good Technology and the acquisition is bearing fruit. The five new Good Secure EMM suites incorporate Good Technology's mobile security capabilities with BlackBerry's own productivity and collaboration offerings. The suites are tailored to meet the needs of different businesses and provide flexibility for customers who want to secure their devices, applications, content and work data.
Here are some of the key features offered by the Good Secure EMM Suites:
- BES12 multi-OS EMM platform
- Good Dynamics secure mobile app platform and container
- Good Share secure file access supporting SharePoint, file shares, OneDrive and Box
- Good Connect secure enterprise instant messaging for Microsoft Lync and Cisco Jabber environments
- Good Access secure browser with SSO support for enterprise web applications and cloud services
- Deployment of custom developed apps secured by Good Dynamics
- WatchDox enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) including complete digital rights management capabilities and file level security
The five packages, along with the pricing, for the Good Secure EMM Suites are as follows. Each of them are put together to satisfy the different needs of organisations:
- Good Secure Management Suite: US$3 per month
- Good Secure Enterprise Suite: US$15 per month
- Good Secure Content Suite: US$25 per month
- Good Secure Mobility Suite: US$15 per month
- Good Secure Collaboration Suite: US$10 per month
You can find out more on each of the Good Secure EMM Suites over at the official website.