Microsoft has released its SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview. Here’s what’s new and how you can start using it now.
SharePoint 2016 is built on the same core platform used for SharePoint Online so there are some similarities between them. It is aimed at providing IT professionals with better performance with simplified management and gives developers an opportunity to build for cloud or on-premises.
Here’s what’s new in the SharePoint 2016 IT Preview:
- Improved provisioning capabilities to streamline administrative tasks.
- Mobile and touch functions, supporting the latest standards for mobile push and information synchronisation.
- App Launcher that makes apps easily accessible from the top navigation bar.
- Improved controls to simplify file creation, sharing and management.
- Large file support of up to 10GB.
- New compliance tools to prevent data loss.
Microsoft has also announced the availability of its new cloud hybrid search preview, allowing users of SharePoint Server 2013 and Office 365 to retrieve unified search results through a combined search index in Office 365. This is already built into the SharePoint 2016 IT preview.
You can download the SharePoint 2016 preview over at Microsoft’s Download Center.
[Via Microsoft Office Blog]