Digital Inspiration has made a neat Google Sheets app that imports tweets with a particular search term or hashtag. The tweets are fetched and updated automatically, for free.
You will need to make a copy of the Twitter Archiver sheet in your Google Drive to start. Change the sheet's name (note: not the file name) to your desired keyword or hashtag, such as #lifehacks.
Next, go to apps.twitter.com and fill in your name, a description and the Google Sheet's link in the "Website" section. Agree to the rules and click "Create your Twitter application". This next part might seem technical, but it's easy copy-pasting:
- Put https://spreadsheets.google.com/macros as the Callback URL and save your changes.
- Select the API Keys tab and make a note of the Twitter Consumer Key and Secret.
- Switch to your Google sheet and select Tools -> Script Editor.
- Copy-paste the Twitter secret and key inside the editor.
- Select the Run menu, choose Initialize and grant the necessary permissions.
That's it! Your spreadsheet will import the first 100 tweets, and update with more as they come in. You also get each tweet's date and time, retweets, favourites, the user who tweeted it, the number of people they follow and their total followers. The sheet can be sorted by any of those elements.
How to Save Tweets for any Twitter Hashtag [Digital Inspiration]