Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Get Gran Turismo 6 for $44 from Harvey Norman, Twilight actress to star in 1984 remake, cosplayer takes her hobby to the extreme by posing and making out with a bear.
- An Australian tennis fan is blaming Channel 7 for accidentally throwing his tablet into his TV screen. The unfortunate Australian Open viewer was participating in the network’s interactive Game On app which involves attempting to return a ‘virtual serve’ made by Sam Groth by swinging your tablet. This resulted in a smashed television. Oops!
- Much like the iPhone 5s, the HTC One is getting a ‘Champagne Gold’ makeover because why not, eh? The golden version of the phone will be available exclusively with Telstra from January 21. Click here for more information.
- Just when we think there are no more sharks to jump, Hollywood chucks some chum in the water and finds another one. io9 reports that Twilight starlet Kristen Stewart is set to star in an adaptation of George Orwell’s 1984… which has been re-imagined as a romantic love story. We have not the words.
- Harvey Norman isn’t usually known for having great video game prices. However, you can currently snap up Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 for $44 which ain’t too shabby. [Via OzBargain]
- Pandora Internet Radio has launched personalised radio station recommendations. The new feature suggests stations based on current listening preferences, and will be available on both the iOS and Android Pandora mobile apps and tablets. Head to the Pandora blog for the full details.
- New Scientist has released a POV video of peregrine falcons hunting down their prey. It’s like watching one of those World War II dogfighting films. Click here to see he flybirds in action.
- Tina Rybakova is a cosplayer who clearly takes her pastime seriously — her latest Skyrim-based gallery depicts her posing — and making out — with a live bear. Head over to Kotaku for the amazing photos.