To say that Skyrim is a hot topic of conversation around Lifehacker HQ is an understatement. Still, even if you're not a big fan of the game, you have to admit that Flickr user Lukaz Lopez has a good combination of informative GeekTool geeklets and a gorgeous Skyrim wallpaper on his Mac.
If you want to get the same look on your Mac, here's what you need to do the job:
- The "Environment" wallpaper from the official Skyrim site
- The Kingdom Icon pack from DeviantArt to replace the default system icons
- The Eclipse Dock replacement
- BowTie, a previously mentioned desktop mini-controller for iTunes, and the Messy theme for it
- GeekTool to configure the system monitors and geeklets on the desktop
- This disk capacity meter geeklet
- The Mmml GeekTool Battery Indicator geeklet
The rest should just be a matter of placement. Lukaz does note that many of his replacement icons for application in the dock are hand-picked from DeviantArt, so if you're not sure how to set it up or which icons are which, stop by his Flickr page and ask. If you're not familiar with how to set up GeekTool, check out our guide to setting up a great desktop with it.
Skyrim - Desktop Screenshot [Flickr]