OS X Lion has been out for over a week now, and now that you’ve had a chance to try Lifehacker’s 10 favourite secret features of the new operating system, here’s five more to test out.
1. Reveal the Dock while using a fullscreen app
Lion’s fullscreen apps sure are pretty, but they can slow you down by hiding many navigation elements of the operating system. If you want to reveal the dock while in full screen mode to quickly switch to a new program, TUAW reveals that you can simply rest on the bottom of the screen (or left or right side, if that’s where you keep the Dock), then push it down as if you’re trying to move beyond the edge of the monitor. It’s not a natural movement, but the dock does come out of hiding as advertised.
2. Put your contact info on the lock screen
3. Move applications out of your Applications folder
4. Use Quick Look in Stacks
5. Use the spacebar to zoom in on Mission Control thumbnails
These secrets will only get you started with unravelling Lion, so check out the rest of Lifehacker’s coverage:
- How To Upgrade To Lion
- How To Burn Your Own OS X Lion Install DVD Or USB Drive
- How To De-iOS-ify Mac OS X Lion
- Fix Dual Monitor Colour Issues In Mac OS X Lion
- Quick Solutions To Mac OS X Lion’s Most Common Installation Issues
- Top 10 Secret Features In Mac OS X Lion
- How Do I Upgrade My Hackintosh To Mac OS X Lion?
- Create Floating Desktop Webapps In OS X Lion With Automator