Top Stories Communicate
- Planhacker: The Best No-Contract Deal On Each Mobile Network
- 12 Everyday Phrases That People Get Wrong All The Time
- Revealed: The Power-Hogging Apps On Santa's Naughty List [Infographic]
- Why A Computer Mouse Is Called A Mouse: Douglas Engelbart
- Six Christmas Gift Ideas For Techy Friends
- Lifehacker's Static Podcast With Gizmodo & Kotaku: Episode Two
Yesterday afternoon, Telstra suffered a massive outage across its 3G and 4G networks which left thousands of people without mobile phone coverage. The telco has since issued an apology along with a promise of “free data” for all Telstra Mobile customers. Here are the details.
Contract phone plans are a bad deal: not only are you stuck with the same phone and network for two years, you often end up with smaller data and call allowances than with a no-contract prepaid or month-by-month deal. We’ve eliminated the also-rans and come up with one firm recommendation for the best value no-contract prepaid deal on each of Australia’s mobile networks.
Android/Android Wear: Talkey analyses your incoming text messages and intelligently generates plain-language responses appropriate for the message. It’s ideal for when you’re busy and don’t have time to type a long message, and it even works with a tap from your Android smartwatch, if you have one.