Top Stories Work
- Five Best Online Presentation Creation Tools
- Top 10 Gmail Labs And Features You Should Enable
- How To Talk About Race With Your Kids
- How To Get Back On Track After Disappointing Yourself
- Nine Quotes From Stoic Philosophers For Happier Days
- Successful Entrepreneurs Share Their Best Small Business Advice
Even your closest friend might say something that offends you. Whether you think it was unintentionally insensitive or a bluntly phrased form of feedback, you should ask for clarification on what your friend really meant to say. Otherwise, if you leave the incident hanging in the air, you might grow to resent your friend.
When someone criticises you, your first instinct is almost always to toss it. Haters gonna hate, right? Except even haters are right sometimes. Before you disregard criticism, writer Seth Godin suggests trying it on to see how their advice fits on you.