Online is where it's at when it comes to learning resources for programming, especially for languages used primarily for web. Sometimes however, you just want a solid, consistent experience you can read without necessarily needing an IDE open in front of you and that's where eBooks reign supreme. Fortunately, O'Reilly has you covered with 36 free coding titles.
The only downside is that you'll need to supply your name and email in order to access the downloads, but you'll have your choice of formats: ePub, Mobi or straight PDF.
Here's a selection of some of the more useful books:
- Object-Oriented vs. Functional Programming
- 20 Python Libraries You Aren't Using (But Should)
- C++ Today
- Swift Pocket Reference
- Ten Steps to Linux Survival
- Practical C++ Metaprogramming
- Modern Java EE Design Patterns
- Software Architecture Patterns
As far as I can tell it's very online-focused in terms of content, but the Python and C++ books, as well as the more generally applicable OO versus FP content should satisfy a variety of interests.
Free Programming Ebooks [O'Reilly]