Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: 29 kitchen hacks to help you lose weight, watch the most offensive Australian ads of 2016, emergent gravity explained.
- Astronomers found evidence for a 'dark' gravitational force that might fix Einstein's most famous theory. Business Insider explains the science.
- Here are the top four workouts to avoid if you're trying to lose weight, courtesy of POPSUGAR Health & Fitness.
- If you want to lose weight, you've got to work smarter, not harder, and that's why weight-loss hacks can make all the difference. These 29 kitchen hacks provide visible results with minimal effort.
- Australian electricity bills are going up again - just as we start cranking up our air conditioners. Gizmodo has the story.
- The Australian Standards Bureau (ASB) has released a list of the most complained-about ads of 2016. Here are the worst culprits.
- Here are the 15 best moments in comics from 2016.