If you're looking to have a relaxing weekend that's free of housework, this Friday cleaning routine is thorough enough to get things straightened, but fast enough to get you out for happy hour.
Photo by Your Best Digs.
A timer and blasting some party music is required for this end-of-the-week cleaning session, according to Apartment Therapy commenter JWolff. Each section of the house gets 10 minutes of intense cleaning, then you move on. Here's how it all breaks down:
- 10 min: clear all magazines, books: return to proper place (throw out paper trash) and empty all trash in house quickly.
- 10 min: Mirrors, doors, counters: wipe off with windex
- 10 min: Clean clothes out of dryer, put away any clothes that are still in laundry hampers. All misplaced clothes put away.
- 10 min: Disinfect and clean: all sinks, tubs, shower stalls: if no time to finish: at least spray them with disinfectant spray.
- 10 min: change the sheets you use, and pillowcases. Remake quickly if time. if not: do it later.
- 10 min: Vaccum rugs, mop tile and wood floors: start with traffic areas first.
- 10 min: dust main areas, and bedrooms. Then finish the rest of house.
This should cover all of the dirtiest zones in your house that need regular attention. Now you can do whatever you like all weekend and not feel guilty about putting off any chores. And if you end up having anybody over, you'll be all set before you even make plans. Tarryn Williford has some great cleaning routine tips as well, so check out the original post at the link below.
A 2-Hour After-Work Clean Routine to Maximise Your Summer Fridays [Apartment Therapy]