Your annual dose of IKEA furniture porn has arrived — here are the highlights from this year’s catalogue, as chosen by IKEA Hackers.
The latest IKEA catalogue contains more than 300 pages. If that sounds like too much for you, the guys over at IKEA Hackers have condensed the tome down to a few noteworthy highlights.
“It’s a crazy morning, with an airport run later in the day, I couldn’t resist checking out the new 2014 IKEA catalog when I received an email from IKEA this morning,” an over-enthused IKEA Hackers reader explained.
“It feels different from last year’s – a little more cheerful, the new products seem to catch my eye and leave me a little breathless.”
The catalog is divided into sections:
- Introduction to their new catalog
- Ideas for relaxing, business, organizing, children, eating, kitchen, sleeping, bathroom
- Styles families – material and colours that work well together, such as black and white themes, rustic, neutral and more.
- Products – product information in greater detail
- Shopping at IKEA – how to make the most of your shopping experience at IKEA, including mention of the new IKEA mobile app
- Style family pages help you see groupings of furniture, texture and materials that may work well together. An inspiration board of sorts.
Of particular note are the new Stockholm range (including flatwoven rug and swivel chairs), Friheten corner sofa bed and Knapper floor mirror with space for hangers.
Head over to IKEA Hackers to see more of the catalogue up close.
[Via IKEA Hackers]