When preparing for emergencies, sorting important information by situation can save precious time. Reddit user Amesly suggests creating special contacts like “Car Accident” with all the information you’ll need for that situation.
Picture: Double Feature/Flickr
For example, for “Car Accident”, Amesly suggests including the following information:
1) The claims number for your insurance company
2) A photo of your registration and proof of insurance, in case your car gets so mangled you can’t find/get them,
3) The local non-emergency police number, in case you need to report it so the other person doesn’t call it in as a hit-and-run, or if you need them to come make a full report,
4) Your chosen tow company, in case your car or theirs needs it,
5) The person, spouse/parents/etc. you’d like to remind yourself to call so you don’t forget in the mess of other calls,
6) Your favourite local mechanic or body shop, in case your car now needs work.
You can also add ICE to the contact name if the information may be relevant to emergency personnel. Just be careful not to store anything too sensitive in case your phone gets lost or stolen.