Top Stories Productivity
- How To Set Up Your Workplace For Maximum Efficiency And Comfort
- Top 10 Ways To Break Bad Habits
- How To Create Your Own Luck
- How To Beat The Sunday Night Blues And Get More Out Of Your Weekend
- How To Use Your Temptations To Build Better Habits
- How To Overcome Workload Paralysis And Get Back Into Action
Experiments dating back to the 1960s show people have less of a reaction to viewing an unpleasant image or experiencing an electric shock when they know it’s coming than when they’re not expecting it. That’s because uncertainty, a long-known cause of anxiety, makes it difficult to prepare for events or to control them.
Task Manager can’t replace dedicated tools such as Process Manager, but the application has seen incremental improvements with each major Windows update. In 8 and 10, it even includes a new tab, called “Startup”, that lets you see which applications are slowing down the boot process.