If you have a whole Netflix account all to yourself (or just share with one other person) you may have a few extra profiles to play around with. Instead of letting them just sit there, unused, you should use them to create queues for each of your unique moods, as we all contain multitudes. Photo by C_osett.
"Happy" and "sad" are pretty obvious choices, but I'd get a little more creative. Some of my potential "moods" include:
- "Elegantly Depressed" — It's similar to sad, but more arty. This is the profile for really wallowing in and enjoying your bad mood.
- "Drunk" — This is where you watch your "dumb" or "stoner" comedies and cartoons. Food shows might also be a good option for this profile.
- "In Need of the Comforting Familiar" — This is the profile you watch when you don't want to wallow and need something to distract you from your bad mood. These are your go-to shows you've watched a million times that you know will make you laugh or bring you joy. For me, it's The Office, 30 Rock and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- "I Am Very Erudite" — Documentaries go here.
- "I Am a Trash Person With No Taste" — This would vary from person to person, but this is your guilty pleasure folder.
- "Netflix and Chill" — I don't think I need to elaborate here.
I would keep going, but you only get five profiles, and I've already used all mine. Maybe I'll write Netflix an email asking for more.
9 Game-Changing Netflix Hacks You Haven't Tried [MyDomaine]