Webapp automation service If This Then That lets you pull information from one service (a channel, in IFTTT parlance) and plug it into another service. The Feed channel (for RSS and ATOM web feeds) has been around long enough to gain thousands of recipes, so it’s no surprise you can do some very cool stuff. We rounded up some of the best.
Cross-Link Social Networks
- Post a Tweet with an image whenever a Google+ post goes up.
- Create a Facebook status when a Google+ post goes up.
- Create a Facebook status from new RSS feed items.
- Post new RSS items to Twitter and Facebook with Buffer (via Gmail).
Learn About New Kickstarter Projects
- Get an email when there’s a new board game project on Kickstarter.
- Get an email when there’s a new food project on Kickstarter.
- Get an email when there’s a new technology project on Kickstarter.
Bonus: These are just samples. It’s very easy to modify any of these recipes to deliver email about new projects in whatever category you want.
Get Your Daily Dose Of Web Comics
- Send new XKCD comics to Pocket.
- Get an email notification when a new XKCD comic is released.
- Save new XKCD comics to Dropbox.
- Send new comics from The Oatmeal to Pocket.
- Send new comics from The Oatmeal to Evernote.
- Send new Penny Arcade comics to Pocket.
- Get a Calvin & Hobbes strip delivered to your email daily.
- Get Dilbert delivered to your email daily.
- Send new Cyanide and Happiness comics to Pocket.
- Save new Cyanide and Happiness comics to Google Drive.