The weather is heating up, and for some, that means sipping on your standard morning coffee becomes slightly less pleasant. (Not me; I could drink hot coffee while standing next to a volcano, but some people aren’t into that.) Anyway, if you’re looking for ways to make your morning caffeine hit a little more summer-friendly by delving into the world of cold brew coffee, we have some tips.
Producing the perfect cold brew is much like any other coffee-making process. Folks will have their personal preferences, but there are certain rules that tend to help get you a better-quality result. And because I am no expert in the world of cold brew, I have enlisted the advice of a pro to help nail those rules down. Cheryl Giles, De’Longhi Product Trainer, shared the below with me over email.
6 tips for perfecting cold brew coffee at home
From selecting the right beans to paying attention to the finer details, like water quality, here are six expert-recommended tips for making cold brew coffee at home. You’ll thank us later!
- Find your favourite coffee beans to make cold brew with. We recommend using a light to medium roast blend, but it’s all about your own taste and preference. I personally love using filter roast single origins for cold brew.
Once you find your beans of choice, keep them fresh at home by storing them in an airtight container in a cool, dry and dark place.
- The flavour of your cold brew relies heavily on the quality of water you use. At De’Longhi, we recommend using good-tasting, filtered water that isn’t too soft or hard. The right amount of minerals helps to optimise the water taste and improves the taste and aroma of your cold brew.
- Use the grind and dose settings to make your coffee machine adapt to your personal taste for your perfect cold brew. It’s not about making the perfect coffee – it’s about making the perfect coffee for you.
- Clean your machine properly in between uses to ensure you’re getting the best taste possible.
- Get creative with mixology – mix your cold brew with syrups and ice cream, or use it in a delicious cocktail or mocktail. There are so many ways to enjoy this refreshing and versatile beverage!
If you’re like me and prefer a hot coffee no matter the temperature outside, why not check out an expert’s guide to nailing the art of frothing milk at home – you can do it, promise!
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.