If I’m being honest, there are very few things in this world that are more satisfying than well-organised food storage. Whether you’re into meal prep, organising your cupboards or just trying to reduce your cling wrap usage, there’s a range of food containers to suit your needs.
There are a few things to consider when you’re shopping for food containers, though. These include the food you’re trying to preserve, if and how it needs to be reheated and how much storage space you have in your kitchen. While they can feel like a bit of an investment, especially if you’re buying sets or glassware containers, it’s a worthy one that can make such a huge difference. Ahead, we unpack all the different food storage options so you can find the right fit.
Food Containers for Leftovers
When it comes to food storage containers there’s a variety of options and sizes to suit your cooking, prepping and storage needs. You can buy glassware containers that are super simple to reheat, condiment containers for your dressings and sauces to avoid soggy salads and Bento box-style containers.
- Genicook Glass Food Storage Containers with Lids, $65.99
- Lunchbots Tiny Leak Proof Dips Condiment Containers, $68.90
- Penguinni Food Storage Containers, $59.67
- Bento Food Storage Container, $28.99
If you’re someone who prefers to make your salads and meals fresh, food bags are a great way to take all your salad elements into the office and store them fresh in the fridge until you’re ready to chop them up. They take up limited space, travel easily and keep your food fresher for longer.
- A Thousand Trees Silicone Food Storage Bags, $32.95
- Food Storage Freezer Bags, $19.99
- Zenify Earth Reusable Produce Mesh Bag, $17.95
- Jagrom 22 Pack Reusable Storage Bags, $58.44
Meal Prep/ Bento Box Food Containers
Somehow, meal prep containers make meal prepping that much more bearable. It’s satisfying to see all your hard work laid out and organised in front of you after you’ve slaved over the stove on a perfectly good Sunday.
- Igluu 3 Compartment BPA Free Reusable Meal Prep Containers (10 pack), $24.95
- Foodycubes Freezer Safe Food Storage Container & Organiser, $19.97
- 9 Abs 3 Compartment (10 Pack) Premium BPA Free Reusable Meal Prep Containers, $22.99
- Doura Meal Prep Containers 3 Compartment Food Storage, $63.87
If you’re keen to get the most out of your $5 avocado, you should absolutely invest in a food saver. You can even find food savers that are specifically designed for other perishable goods like bananas, onions, tomatoes and watermelon. They keep your foods fresh and give them a longer shelf life.
- Vantige Keeper Avocado Keeper, $26.17
- Banana Savers, $14.99
- Snips Banana Guard Watermelon Keeper, $26.03
- Zerodeko 4Pcs Fresh Food Savers, $35.49
If you’re looking to preserve a bunch of different foods longer term like meats, fish, cheese, fruit, vegetables, rice, pasta, nuts, coffee, tea, muffins, bread, biscuits, crackers and more, sometimes food containers just don’t make the cut. That’s where a vacuum sealer is a great alternative to keeping your produce fresh and airtight for longer. All you need is a sealer machine and some food saving bags. They’re also great for marinating. Win-win.