The second season of Apple TV’s fan-favourite comedy, Ted Lasso, premieres July 23 on Apple TV+. Ted Lasso is one of those rare TV series beloved by fans and critics alike within its first season, one that everyone swears you “have to watch” even though it’s exclusive to a premium streaming service many people don’t have. But if you happen to be one of the few people with a PlayStation 5 in your living room, you can get a free six-month trial of Apple TV+ and catch up on the series starting today.
According to the PlayStation website, the promotional Apple TV+ deal is valid for new and existing Apple TV+ subscribers. The free subscription must be claimed through the Apple TV app on PlayStation 5, but you’re free to watch on any Apple TV-supported device once your account is enrolled in the free trial. Note that after the six months are up, you’ll be charged $7.99 per month to keep your subscription active.
This is a pretty sweet perk for PS5 owners, but since the new console is still difficult to find in stock, not many users will be able to claim the deal at this time. Luckily, the offer is valid until July 22, 2022, giving you a full year to find a PS5 and sign up for the six-month free trial of Apple TV+.
If you already use Apple TV on PS5, just log into the app on PS5 and the complimentary six months will be automatically credited to your account. However, if you don’t use Apple TV on PS5, we’ll guide you through the steps to obtain that half-year’s-worth of free Apple TV+.
- Create an Apple ID account if you don’t have one already. You can quickly set one up here.
- Turn on your PS5. From the home screen, scroll over to the “Media” tab.
- Highlight the “All Apps” square, then scroll over and select Apple TV from the list.
- On the Apple TV app page, select “Download.”
- Wait for the download to complete, then open the Apple TV+ app.
- Select “Start Browsing,” then configure the app’s data sharing preferences.
- Select “Enjoy Six Months Free,” then sign in with your Apple ID.
- Once you’re signed in, you can start streaming immediately on your PS5, or you can log into Apple TV on other devices and watch there instead.