The Nintendo Switch is on track to be Nintendo’s best-selling platform. Not since the Wii have so many people flocked to a Nintendo console — but that broad appeal means that those picking one up for the first time might not have much familiarity with gaming. But Nintendo has a new program that can help out.
With over 70 million units sold so far, chances are a chunk of the Switch’s audience includes lapsed Mario fans who haven’t picked up a controller since the ‘90s, young first-time console owners, and curious late-comers trying out video games for the very first time. For those struggling to learn and use their new Switch, Nintendo is now offering the Nintendo Switch Concierge program. Switch owners can sign up for free, 30-minute video chat appointments with a Nintendo customer service representative. Appointments cover a specific topic, such as:
- Learning to use the Switch console
- Playing games
- Finding new games to play
- Creating a Nintendo Account
- Online security and privacy
- Customising the console
You should definitely consider a Nintendo Switch Concierge appointment if you’re feeling intimidated by the device, but make sure to book quickly: Time slots are first-come, first-served. Luckily, it’s easy to sign up:
- Open the official Nintendo Switch Concierge page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, then select one of the topics you want to cover from the list.
- Using the calendar, select a date and time.
- Add your name and email. You can also include your phone number, address, and any other notes you’d like to add, but these are optional.
- Click “Book” to submit the appointment.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email from [email protected]
- On the day of your appointment, use the link in that email to start a video chat with a Nintendo representative. They will walk you through the basics of the topic you selected and help answer additional questions you may have.