The new iPhone SE 2020 is now available for sale and if you’re keen to get one on a plan, Vodafone has dropped its offers already. Here’s everything you need to know if you want your hands on the new budget-friendly Apple device.
Apple’s new affordable phone, the iPhone SE, is finally available for sale as of April 24.
The model, which comes in three beautiful colours — black, white and (PRODUCT)RED — is similar to an iPhone 8, with the same dimensions, cameras, and 4.7-inch display as the older phone.
But its real sweet spot is the A13 Bionic chipset — the fastest chip in a smartphone — which means it'll work efficiently and get iOS updates for at least the next three years.
Here is a full list of its specs:
- Display size resolution: 4.7-inch Retina HD; 1,334x750 pixels
- Pixel density: 326ppi
- Dimension (inches): 5.45 x 2.65 x 0.29 in.
- Dimensions (millimeters):138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3mm
- Weight (ounces,grams): 5.22 oz.; 148g
- Mobile software: iOS 13
- Camera: 12-megapixel
- Front-facing camera: 7-megapixel
- Video capture: 4k
- Processor: Apple A13 Bionic
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Expandable storage: No
- Battery: Up to 13 hours video playback, Qi wireless charging, fast charge
- Finger print sensor: Home button
- Connector: Lighting
- Headphone jack: No
- Special features: Water resistant (IP67); dual-SIM capabilities (nano-SIM and e-SIM); wireless charging
How to buy the new iPhone SE outright
You can get yourself an iPhone SE directly from the Apple website. Anyone who purchases online from Apple will receive a free, no-contact home delivery.
In Australia, the official RRP for the model based on storage capacity is:
- 64GB: $749
- 128GB: $829
- 256GB: $999
If you don't want to buy the iPhone SE outright, Vodafone is now offering plans to help you out. Here's a list of its plans for the 64GB and 128GB phones:
Vodafone iPhone SE (64GB) plans - 24 month term
Vodafone iPhone SE (64GB) plans - 36 month term
Vodafone iPhone SE (128GB) plans - 24 month term
Vodafone iPhone SE (128GB) plans - 36 month term
Vodafone also offers 12-month plans which can be viewed on their website.
Apple's finally dropped its new budget-friendly iPhone SE and it has the world talking. Here's everything you need to know about its specs, pricing and availability in Australia.Read more
As Lifehacker editors we write about stuff we like and think you'll like too. Lifehacker often has affiliate partnerships, so we may get a share of the revenue from your purchase.