You wanted: How to properly shut down a Windows 10 PC, Netflix’s October lineup, top baby names in Australia. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from last week.
- Reminder: Microsoft Office Is Basically Free Now
For so long, many of us have struggled to renew our licences for Microsoft Office and have been punished with that pesky error – but now there’s a fix. Turns out, you can access it legally and for free online.
- Thanks Google, I Hate It
Android tends to beat iOS in reviews on customisation, app selection, and cloud integration. After five years with an iPhone, I decided to put Android to the test and buy a Google Pixel. A year later, I wish I hadn’t switched.
- SCAM ALERT: New SIM Card Attack Threatens ‘All Smartphones’
SIM cards are no longer safe. Following in the wake of multiple SIM-swap attacks and the ominously named Simjacker, a new and even bigger threat has been discovered by researchers at Ginno Security Lab.
- Aussie Broadband Customers Can Now Kick Their Connection
A dodgy home internet connection is just expected if you’re living in Australia. When it works, it works reasonably well but when it doesn’t, you’ll spend minutes and sometimes hours trying to figure out if the problem is you, your ISP or the NBN. Aussie Broadband has come up with a solution to give customers a chance to fix the service themselves before resorting to more drastic measures.
- How To Properly Shut Down A Windows 10 PC
It sounds weird, but when you click that power button on the start menu to shut down Windows 10, you aren’t shutting down Windows 10. Sure, Windows 10 goes through the motions of shutting down. And your computer sure looks like it shut down. And it sort of did, but it didn’t.
- BINGE ALERT: Netflix Just Added A Stack Of Great Content
This week, Netflix Australia increased its premium plan pricing by $2 a month. In a bid to take some of the sting out, it’s dropping 11 new Netflix Originals onto the service this long weekend – including the highly-anticipated Raising Dion. Here’s the full list!
- The Top Baby Names For Boys And Girls In Australia (2019)
Research firm McCrindle has revealed the most popular baby names in Australia for 2019. It ranks the 50 most popular boys’ and girls’ names, based on data from the national registry of births. Here’s the full list!
- Netflix Is Adding 120 Shows And Movies In October!Dear Netflix: all is forgiven. After a decidedly lacklustre month, the streaming giant is back in form with a whopping 120 titles rampaging onto the service in October. This includes new seasons of Peaky Blinders and Bojack Horseman, original sci-fi show Raising Dion and the post-apocalyptic zombie series Daybreak. Here’s the full list!
- Everything Coming To Stan, Netflix, Foxtel And Amazon In October 2019From TV drama to documentaries, original films to stand-up comedy, Australia’s streaming services are getting new content added all the time. Read on to see all the content that will be added to Stan, Netflix, Foxtel and Amazon Prim Video’s libraries in October, 2019.
- There’s A Trick To Speeding Up Your Android Phone
Android smartphones are great, but they’re not immune to the ravages of time. While scratches or physical wear can be prevented with cases and mindful handling, it can be much harder to stop system slow down, which can creep its way into the user experience until one day your phone doesn’t feel quite so fast anymore.