Reality television might not be so real to some but the people on it usually are. If you’ve always wondered how to get onto one of these shows, it’s actually pretty simple.
To get your name in the running, you’ll need to apply for a show and if you have the personality they’re looking for, you’ll then be shortlisted. We’ve collated a list of the most popular Australian reality shows and how to apply so you can finally have a chance to show Australia your true colours.
How to apply for Big Brother 2020
Big Brother is being revived from the dead for 2020 on Channel 7 after its second reboot last aired in 2014.
To apply for Big Brother 2020, you’ll have to head to its casting platform and fill out the form with all the usual details.
How to apply for The Bachelor/The Bachelorette
If what you’re truly looking for is love, or some form of it, The Bachelor or The Bachelorette is the right avenue to go down. To get your face on the show, read below:
We are looking for: Single Women and Men between the ages of 23-35 You must be willing and available to be filmed for the duration of the series. Filming will roughly commence mid February to mid May of 2020 and may take up to 12 weeks.
Single Women and Men between the ages of 25-40 You must be willing and available to be filmed for the duration of the series. Filming will roughly commence mid February to mid May of 2020 and may take up to 12 weeks.
How to apply for Married At First Sight
Keeping in theme with shows about love, Married At First Sight is looking for willing participants for its seventh season.
- You must be over 25 years of age on the day of application.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident for at least 2 years to participate.
- You must be single and genuinely looking for love.
- You will be required to provide proof of identity (driver’s license or passport or extract of birth certificate).
- Please be honest with your answers and complete the form to the best of your ability.
- Ensure you read the terms and conditions on the application form.
- If selected for the show you will need to be available for filming from August to December 2019.
How to apply for Farmer Wants A Wife
Farmers want love too and it’s tough work in the country when there aren’t many humans for hundreds of kilometres. If this sounds like the life you want to live, give yourself a shot.
You must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident; or
- or a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand with the ability to obtain the applicable visa(s) (if required) that will allow you to attend all audition (if applicable) and filming dates and satisfy all publicity requirements as requested by the Producer or broadcaster.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must agree to live on a farm for the length of the shoot.
- You must be single and genuinely looking for love.
- We will conduct background police checks on applicants chosen to meet the farmers, and you must agree to this as part of your application.
- Applications must be received online via upload of this online application form. Applications received by post will not be accepted.
How to apply for Love Island
If you prefer tropical islands over the country, Love Island will bring you the heat.
Love Island is back for 2019 and we’re still on the lookout for singles from across the country to take part. Once again, our Islanders will take up residence in a spectacular luxury villa in the hope of finding love. But to stay on the island, they need to couple up – and more importantly – win the hearts of the public. So, if you are sexy, young and single, aged 18 – 35, and ready to join ‘Love Island’ click on the APPLY NOW link below. And remember, we are looking for people who are warm, honest, open and truly looking for love.
How to apply for Gogglebox
If you want to watch yourself on television watching television, then Googlebox is the reality show for you.
- A variety of households of different ages, backgrounds and make up.
- You must reside in Sydney, Brisbane, The Gold Coast or Melbourne.
- You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
How to apply for Survivor 2020
Fancy yourself a bit tough bastard? Survivor Australia is ramping up for two seasons due out in 2020 and it needs some pretty physically and mentally tough contestants.
- Men and Women of all backgrounds and locations around Australia.
- You need to be physically and mentally strong enough to survive in some of the toughest conditions ever experienced.
- You must be able to engage with others, be confident and be comfortable living in close quarters with strangers.
How to apply for The Block
Applications closed for The Block back in September but so you’re ready for the next they come up, here’s what they’re looking for in contestants.
- Couples must be aged between 18-65, energetic and with a sense of humour.
- First round couples will be reduced to final participants in the first week of filming.
- Successful couples must be available for a 10-12 week shoot period from late January, 2020. Exact dates to be confirmed closer to filming.
- Location of The Block is to be confirmed.
- You will NOT be able to work during the shoot period.
- Previous home renovation experience is an asset, but not required from both partners.
- Long term couples, family teams and enduring friendships need only apply.
- Submissions accepted from Australia wide.
- Successful participants will be paid a nominal weekly fee during filming of The Block to cover basic living costs and expenses.
- You must complete all elements of the application, including video, or your application will not be reviewed.
- Applications can only be made online. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted or processed.
- Lucky Break will carefully review applications for consideration of inclusion in The Block. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by late December 2019. For any updates on progress or breaking Block news follow LUCKY BREAK CREATIVE on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK.
- Due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be notified.
How to apply for The Voice
If you think Season 9 of The Voice is the one you’re going to win, head to its casting website to apply.
Matt Agnew is currently looking for love - and tangentially related activities - on the popular reality TV series Bachelor Australia. As the show is wont to mention at least ten times per episode, Agnew works as an astrophysicist when he's not busy simultaneously dating 36 women. But what does this actually involve? An astronomy expert explains how Agnew's research will help us discover new planets.Read more