You wanted: Perseid Meteor Shower viewing tips, a negative interest rate explainer, Windows 10 malware alert. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from last week.
- Australian Banks Could Soon Pay You To Borrow Money: Here's Why
If you haven't heard already, the Australian economy is in a bit of a slump with slowing growth and stagnating wages. The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is considering bold strategies to help alleviate the worsening situation - and it might result in Australians getting paid to borrow money via negative interest rates. It's all a bit confusing so here's what we know.
- MALWARE ALERT: Huge Win10 Vulnerability Discovered
Eclypsium researchers claim to have discovered a widespread design flaw in Windows device drivers that has the potential to infect "all modern versions of Microsoft Windows.” The flaw could allow hackers to seize control of the Windows kernel - AKA the core of your computer's operating system. Here's what you need to know.
- There's A Trick To Speeding Up Your Android Phone
Android smartphones are great, but they’re not immune to the ravages of time. While scratches or physical wear can be prevented with cases and mindful handling, it can be much harder to stop system slow down, which can creep its way into the user experience until one day your phone doesn’t feel quite so fast anymore.
- Netflix Is Adding Some Great Content Tonight
Netflix has a habit of saving its best stuff for the weekend - which happens to be when most customers are searching for new TV shows to watch. This week is no exception with a fresh serving of Netflix Originals slated to appear on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Five Deals You Shouldn't Miss This Weekend
The weekend is a great time to kick back, do some shopping and score a bargain or two. Ultra-cheap TVs from JB Hi-Fi, up to 85% off drones at Dick Smith, EB Games' huge clearance sale and more killer deals are waiting for you. Here are the links!
- PSA: A 'Dog Year' Is NOT Equivalent To 7 Human Years
Do you know your dog's age in 'dog years'? You know: supposedly a dog is seven dog years old on its first birthday and all that? Well, as it turns out, that figure isn't really accurate at all, and it's thrown even further out of whack when you realise that all dog breeds age at different rates. So if you want to figure out your pooch's actual age in dog years, here's how to do it.
- Report: Google Pixel 4 Specs Have Been Leaked
While we have a pretty good idea of what the Google Pixel 4 will look like, thanks to a tweet from Google itself, it's still a bit murky about what it might run like. Thanks to new leaks, we now know a bit more about what's in the trunk, other than a return of the air gestures, so let's get into it.
- The Best Ways To Get Windows 10 For FreeEven Zune-clutching Windows loyalists have to admit that Mac owners have it pretty great—at least, they do now. Apple hasn’t charged for macOS, nor macOS updates, for years. Of course, you need to buy your computer from Apple to use macOS (pretty much), but at least the operating system is free.
- How To Watch Tonight's Perseid Meteor Shower In Australia [Updated]The annual Perseid Meteor Shower is one of the more dazzling celestial displays visible from Earth - and it's set to peak in the Southern Hemisphere tonight. If you're keen to catch the event live, here are the best times in Australia, along with some expert viewing and photography tips.
- How To Speed Up Your Internet Connection
You might be paying your ISP for a certain service tier, but that doesn’t mean that you’re getting those speeds both ways — the fine print will likely indicate that your upload speeds are much, much slower than your download speeds.