You wanted: The ten best free apps for Android, iOS and Windows, 11 Google Chrome extensions you need to download, ACCC crowns Australia’s best NBN provider. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from last week.
- Shopper Alert: Bunnings Is Having A Huge Online Sale
Got a DIY project or bare backyard in need of sorting? Bunnings is offering some great deals on a wide range if items right now via its eBay store. From eskies to storage units, tables, gazebos and more, there’s sure to be something you need at a great price.
- The ACCC Just Crowned Australia’s Best NBN Provider
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) this week released its sixth report on real-world NBN speeds, and the results weren’t too bad. Providers are now delivering between 80.4% and 86.7% of maximum plan speeds during peak usage hours of 7pm – 11pm. Here’s how the major ISPs compared.
- 11 Things You Should Never Make In A Slow Cooker
Sometimes nothing hits the spot like a nice warm meal. While some meals are perfect to make in a slow cooker, you should stick to making certain meals in an oven or stove top. Here are 11 things you should never make in a slow cooker.
- Everything Coming To Australian Netflix This Week (August 5)
Here is your Netflix binge-list for the week, fresh from the Australian servers! This week sees a stack of Netflix Originals hit the service, including martial arts series Wu Assassins, documentary Enter the Anime, season four of GLOW and the return of Rocko’s Modern Life. The box-office smash The Wandering Earth is also joining Netflix’s Aussie library.
- The Best Deals From EB Games’ Huge Online Sale
The EB Games annual clearance sale is currently in full swing! There are some huge discounts across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.
- Five Deals You Shouldn’t Miss This Weekend
The weekend is a great time to kick back, do some shopping and score a bargain or two. Ultra-cheap TVs from JB Hi-Fi, up to 85% off drones at Dick Smith, EB Games’ huge clearance sale and more killer deals are waiting for you. Here are the links!
- Is Aussie Broadband Worth The Money? [Updated]
While many Retail Service Providers (RSPs) have had their reputations tarnished through the rollout of the NBN, one company seems to have thrived. Aussie Broadband, which was formed through the amalgamation of Wideband Networks and Westvic Broadband, is often mentioned in positive terms by customers saying their service and performance are excellent.
- NBN’s 100/40Mbps Consumer Plans Could Be Getting Axed [Updated]NBN Co has suggested a lot of ideas as of late and approximately zero of them have been good news for the average internet user.
- 11 Google Chrome Extensions You Need To DownloadGoogle Chrome has a lot of amazing tricks under the hood – but first you need to customise the experience with browser extensions. The trick is to find programs that are actually useful. However, with over 180,0000 options cluttering the Chrome Web Store, this can be a daunting task.
- The Ten Best Free Apps For Android, iOS and Windows
The Lifehacker staff sifts through a ton of apps on a regular basis, but a few have stuck with us over the years. Some apps are simply nice to have, while others have become essential in our daily lives. From dealing with irate dragons to counting our mindfulness minutes, each app on this list has a special place in our hearts (and our homescreens). Best of all, they’re completely free to download!