Secret menus are pretty awesome. You get access to tasty morsels most people don't realise exist, making you part of a culinary illuminati. KFC has a secret menu. As well as the The Nug-a-Lot, there's an entire menu of secret goodness. Here's how to access that menu and join KFC's secret society.
Here's how to access the KFC secret menu.
- Download the KFC app to your iOS or Android device
- Start the app and hit the Order Now button
- Search for a local KFC store (I prefer to not give the app access to my location - no need to share more information than necessary)
- Once you've found a store, tap on the Order button
- When you see the menu, scroll down till you see a cartoon version of Colonel Sanders and hold for a couple of seconds
- When you release you'll see the Secret Menu
As well as The Nug-a-Lot, the menu currently has the Kentucky Slider - a tasty concoction with an Original Tender, coleslaw, cheese, bacon and barbecue sauce in a tortilla for $3.95. There's also a $4.95 Kentucky Snack pack with chips, Popcorn Chicken and 'fiery supercharged sauce'.
I assume the menu will change over time with different options.
If there's a similar menu at Maccas I can't find it although it's pretty easy to customise existing menu items to your heart's content.
This story has been updated since its original publication.