Click Frenzy refreshes onto browsers Australia wide on Tuesday evening and just like previous years, there will be ridiculous prices everywhere. From 7pm tomorrow night until midnight Wednesday 22 May 2019, thousands of products from hundreds of retailers will be heavily discounted. Here's how you can nab the big ticket items.
Swipe to close
When does Click Frenzy start?
While some merchants have already pulled the trigger on their sales and are offering big discounts across the board, Click Frenzy's "Go Nuts" deals - where you can get 99% off big ticket items - kicks off at 7pm AEST on 21 May at the Click Frenzy website.
Here's that time in all capital cities across the country:
- Perth, WA: 5pm
- Darwin, NT: 6:30pm
- Adelaide, SA: 6:30pm
- Brisbane, QLD: 7pm
- Sydney, NSW: 7pm
- Canberra, ACT: 7pm
- Melbourne, VIC: 7pm
- Hobart, TAS: 7pm
Click Frenzy 2019 Deals: What To Expect
Some of the best deals last time around included the Xbox One for just $4 and an LG 55" 4K OLED at $10. In other worlds, you could set up a gaming room at home for less than lunch with the kids at Maccas.
Across the 24 hours they will have lots of different items at 99% off. Past sales have included TVs, premium headphones, gift cards, drones and more. However, these are the blink-and-you-ll-miss-them sales that literally last for a few seconds. In other words, don't get you hopes up.
20% off Optus SIM-only plan: Optus is selling its 80GB SIM-only plan for just $40 a month. The plan comes with 80GB data per month, unlimited talk and text, a free Optus Sport subscription, data-free music streaming and 4GB of monthly roaming data in select countries. Here are the full list of inclusions:
Optus is jumping on the Click Frenzy bandwagon early with a bunch of super-cheap phone deals and mobile plans. This includes a massive 20% off 80GB SIM-only plans, bringing the total to just $40 per month. There's also a bunch of iPhone, Pixel, Huawei and Samsung Galaxy S10 bargains up for grabs. Here are the best deals!
Which retailers are taking part in Click Frenzy?
The list of retailers is impressive. The Click Frenzy homepage lists dozens of retailers covering sporting goods from Rebel, BCF and New Balance through to fashion from Miss Amara, M J Bale and Forever 21. Pretty much every retailer you can think of is covered. Travel, pet supplied, cosmetics, tech - you name it and there's probably a deal already available.
How To Get Click Frenzy's Best Deals
Of course, trying to nab a product for 99% off isn't easy and stock is, expectedly, limited. Just look at the tales of misery and woe from previous years, with many missing out. That's because there are a very specific set of rules you have to follow to make sure you can get the insane prices and they're only available for a very, very short time. I'm talking less than 30 seconds here, people.
You have to be real quick. More than that though - here's the most important things to do to set yourself up better:
1. Be a Click Frenzy subscriber. That means heading to the Click Frenzy homepage and whacking your name, email address and one of the two gender options they provide in the boxes provided. Easy enough.
Subscribers will receive a series of emails over the 24 hour period. Going on past efforts, each email will instruct you as to where and when you need to head to certain Click Frenzy pages. You won't get an exact time. Take a look at a previous image to get a feel for what you need to look for in the email.
The instructions in November's Click Frenzy email - expect something similar this evening
As you can see, you need to be in a particular section of the Click Frenzy site. During that time, a banner will appear that has a code written on the front. Remember that. You don't have time to write it down. Click the banner and you'll be ready to pay.
The first set of emails will be out just before the same starts.
2. Be ready between 7pm-11pm tonight and 6am-7pm tomorrow. Though the sale runs for 27 hours, the Click Frenzy Discount Gods must also sleep, so the 99% off deals only run at limited times.
3. Turn off your adblockers. If you're using an adblocker, you will need to turn it off. The banner that appears on the webpage is a 'pop-up' and blockers such as AdBlock will prevent that from appearing. If you can't see it, you can't click it.
4. No PayPal - only Mastercard and Visa. Only Mastercard and Visa payments will be accepted this year based on past arrangements. So, turn on your autofill. With autofill, you won't have to type out your 16 digits - you'll just need to whack your CVC in.
5. Purchase limits. There are likely to be limits on how many terms you can purchase, particularly with the big 99% off deals. So, saving $99 on a $100 gift card mightn't be a good as saving thousands on a new TV. Don't get trigger happy with the first deal you see.
What if you cannot wait?
It turns out a number of retailers are jumping the Click Frenzy gun and running their own sales.
Optus Phone Frenzy Optus has already launched its own sale, taking 20% off a bunch of mobile and SIM plans. For example, $40 a month gets you 80GB of data per month with unlimited calls and text.
As Lifehacker editors we write about stuff we like and think you'll like too. Lifehacker often has affiliate partnerships, so we may get a share of the revenue from your purchase.