Click Frenzy refreshes onto browsers Australia wide on Tuesday evening, and just like previous years, there will be ridiculous prices everywhere. From 7pm tomorrow evening until midnight Thursday, 21 May, thousands of products from hundreds of retailers will be heavily discounted. Here's how you can nab the big ticket items.
When does Click Frenzy start?
This year, Click Frenzy will take place over a whopping 53-hour period. We expect you to be clicking away on your browser starting 7pm on 19 May up until midnight on Thursday, 21 May.
While some merchants have already pulled the trigger on their sales and are offering big discounts across the board — including Pretty Little Thing, UGG, and Clarks — Click Frenzy's "Mayhem" deals, where you can get 99% off big ticket items, kicks off at 7pm AEST on 19 May at the Click Frenzy website.
Here's that time in all capital cities across the country:
- Perth, WA: 5pm
- Darwin, NT: 6:30pm
- Adelaide, SA: 6:30pm
- Brisbane, QLD: 7pm
- Sydney, NSW: 7pm
- Canberra, ACT: 7pm
- Melbourne, VIC: 7pm
- Hobart, TAS: 7pm
Click Frenzy 2020 deals: What to expect
Some of the best deals last time around included video game consoles for $4 and Apple Airpods for $3. In other worlds, you could level up your life with cool new gadgets that cost less than lunch with your friends at Maccas.
Across the 24 hours they will have lots of different items at 99% off. Past sales have included TVs, premium headphones, gift cards, drones and more. However, these are the blink-and-you-will-miss-them sales that literally last for a few seconds. In other words, don't get your hopes up.
Which retailers are taking part in Click Frenzy?
The list of retailers is impressive. The Click Frenzy homepage lists dozens of retailers covering sporting goods from Adidas, Rebel and Under Armour through to tech from Dell, Bose and HP. Pretty much every retailer you can think of is covered. Travel, pet supplied, cosmetics, fashion — you name it and there's probably a deal already available.
How to Get Click Frenzy's best deals
Of course, trying to nab a product for 99% off isn't easy and stock is, expectedly, limited. Just look at the tales of misery and woe from previous years, with many missing out. That's because there are a very specific set of rules you have to follow to make sure you can get the insane prices and they're only available for a very, very short time. I'm talking less than 30 seconds here, people.
You have to be real quick. More than that though — here's the most important things to do to set yourself up better:
1. Be a Click Frenzy subscriber. That means heading to the Click Frenzy homepage and whacking your name, email address and one of the two gender options they provide in the boxes provided. Easy enough.
Subscribers will receive a series of emails over the 24-hour period. Going on past efforts, each email will instruct you as to where and when you need to head to certain Click Frenzy pages. You won't get an exact time. Take a look at a previous image to get a feel for what you need to look for in the email.
The instructions in November 2019's Click Frenzy email — expect something similar tomorrow evening
As you can see, you need to be in a particular section of the Click Frenzy site. During that time, a banner will appear that has a code written on the front. Remember that. You don't have time to write it down. Click the banner and you'll be ready to pay.
The first set of emails will be out just before the same starts.
2. Be ready between 7pm-11pm tomorrow tonight and 6am-7pm the following day. Though the Click Frenzy sale runs for 53 hours, the Click Frenzy Discount Gods must also sleep, so the 99% off deals only run at limited times.
3. Turn off your adblockers. If you're using an adblocker, you will need to turn it off. The banner that appears on the webpage is a 'pop-up' and blockers such as AdBlock will prevent that from appearing. If you can't see it, you can't click it.
4. Payment options. Purchases will be made directly through the retailer’s website so payment options will vary across the board. Each brand page on the Click Frenzy website will give you a heads up on the forms of payment that will be accepted.
5. Purchase limits. There are likely to be limits on how many terms you can purchase, particularly with the big 99% off deals. So, saving $99 on a $100 gift card mightn't be as good as saving thousands on a new TV. Don't get trigger happy with the first deal you see.
We're all going through a bit of a rough period right now but your wallet doesn't have to. New telco Circles.Life is slinging an insane Click Frenzy deal which will see you pay just $28 a month to get a huge 100GB of data. If you're chewing up a tonne of data during iso, this will surely help you out.
As Lifehacker editors we write about stuff we like and think you'll like too. Lifehacker often has affiliate partnerships, so we may get a share of the revenue from your purchase.