This week we chatted with Samantha Irby, comedian, writer, mastermind behind the blog Bitches Gotta Eat, and author of the collection of essays We Are Never Meeting in Real Life, as well as the collection Meaty. We crowned her as the voice of her generation, talked marriage and The Bachelorette, and found out why she dedicated her book to Klonopin.
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate and review!
We covered all kinds of topics (many of them NSFW), including but not limited to:
- How a panic attack feels like you’re dying
- Why The Bachelorette is the best show ever
- Internet dating (and the OKCupid handle we kind of want to steal)
- Her marriage to someone whose breakfast bowl “looks like a forest”
- The pros and cons (mostly cons) of a strap-on
- What it’s like to live with kids when you aren’t a parent
And so much more.
Our Upgrades of the Week
Every week we like to let you in on the upgrades we’ve made in our own lives. This week we’re talking about hydrating, the back-to-high-school cure for acne, and pre-dawn creativity.