You wanted: The best NBN alternatives, Google's folding phone patents, how to get an Android phone speed boost. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from last week.
- Netflix Is Adding Some Great Content TonightNetflix has a habit of saving its best stuff for the weekend - which happens to be when most customers are searching for new TV shows to watch. This week is no exception with a fresh serving of Netflix Originals slated to appear on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Surprise: Now Google Has A Folding Phone Too
A new patent from Google points to an alternative to the single fold smartphones we saw launched by Samsung and Huawei a few weeks ago during Mobile World Congress. The new design features two folds that allow the phone to have a typical smartphone size when closed but a larger, perhaps almost 9-inch display, when folly opened.
- NBN Hacker: How To Bypass Contracts And Setup Fees
Contracts kinda suck. While the telco industry is built on the back of two-year commitments, locking yourself into one provider for as long as 24 months never feels great. What if there’s a better deal? What if the service is terrible? What if you decide to abandon technology and live a nomadic life off the grid?
- Ditch The NBN With These Fast Mobile Alternatives
The National Broadband Network has become a bit of a crapshoot - with emphasis on 'crap'. Depending on the technology deployed in your suburb and the type of plan you plump for, you could be getting speeds as low as 20 megabits per second. This clearly isn't good enough.
- 55 Android Apps Everyone Should Own
Which Android app is worth a spot on your new smartphone or tablet? Trying to find the very best of the best is a challenging process, because there are millions of apps to pick from on the Google Play Store.
- Samsung's Folding Phone Looks Like Arse (But Don't Panic Just Yet)
A leaked video purporting to show the Samsung Galaxy Fold in action has surfaced online and it paints a pretty bleak picture. There's a visible seam in the display and the UI is alarmingly sluggish. In other words, it's looking decidedly dodgy for a $2000+ flagship smartphone.
- Optus Just Tripled The Data On $35 Pre-Paid Plans
For a limited time, Optus is adding an extra 25GB to its $30 prepaid mobile plans. This brings the total to 35GB of data per month - more than triple the usual data allowance. The plan also comes with a bonus 10GB of 'Streaming Data' so you're actually getting 45GB for 35 bucks. Nice!
- The Money You Need To Save At Every Age For Retirement
How much to have saved by every age is a perennial personal finance question, right up there with how to create a budget and how to start investing. But like so many money decisions, there's no single, magic number that works for everyone.
- There's A Trick To Speeding Up Your Android Phone
Android smartphones are great, but they’re not immune to the ravages of time. While scratches or physical wear can be prevented with cases and mindful handling, it can be much harder to stop system slow down, which can creep its way into the user experience until one day your phone doesn’t feel quite so fast anymore.
- Android Showdown: Google Pixel 3 Vs Samsung Galaxy S10 Vs Huawei Mate20 Pro
If you're an Android fan, there are a lot of great options when it comes to choosing a new handset. And three of the best we've looked at recently are the Google Pixel 3, Samsung Galaxy S10 and Huawei Mate20 Pro. We line them up side-by-side so you can compare and decide which is best for you.