Unexpected fires are, for the most part, viewed as a bad thing, which is why some people were quite alarmed when this very shiny BLANDA BLANK serving bowl from IKEA caused some grapes — and later some newspaper — to go up in smoke.
But, unlike shiny buildings that ruin expensive cars and kill bamboo, this bowl’s fire-starting ability could come in handy, I think. (If you are in need of fire, that is.)
Just take it out into the bright summer sun, fill it with something flammable (Doritos?), and watch it burn.
As useful as this camping trick is, keep in mind that Australia is in the midst of a very hot summer, and the last thing anyone needs is someone sparking a bushfire. Check fire danger ratings and whether there's a fire ban in effect before you try this.
Of course, if you just want your serving bowls to hold food rather than accidentally burn it, maybe opt for a less shiny bowl, or just save this one for indoor use only.
PSA: Don’t Take Your IKEA Bowl Into The Sun | Apartment Therapy