Marissa Ross, the official wine columnist for Bon Appétit and author of the book Wine. All the Time: The Casual Guide to Confident Drinking, joins us in the studio to talk about (what else?) wine: How to buy it, how to talk about it, and most importantly, how to enjoy drinking it.
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate and review!
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- What a palate is, and how you can develop yours
- How a wine shop proprietor can be your friend
- Organic and natural wines and why you should seek them out
- How to read a wine bottle
- Why you shouldn’t worry about sulfites
- How (and why) to chew your wine
- What sort of wine glasses you should own
- What we should do with people who say “It’s wine o’clock”
- The perfect wine for every occasion
And so much more, it’s stupid.
Our Upgrades of the Week
Every week we like to let you in on the upgrades we’ve made in our own lives. This week we talked about lucid dreaming, going sugar-free, and tricking yourself — by treating yourself.