Google's attempt to take over the world of social networking, Google+ never really gained the traction the company hoped. And any hope of it catching up to Facebook were scotched last week when a massive hack was revealed resulting in the search giant announcing they would be shutting the service down next year. But in order to protect yourself now, here's how to delete your Google+ profile.
To delete your Google+ profile follow these steps:
- Go to your Google account and click on your profile pic. If you have a profile on Google+ you'll see that just under your email address.
- Click on the Google+Profile link. That will open your profile.
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll right to the bottom and click on the "Delete your Google+ Profile" link
- To complete the process, you'll need to authenticate yourself.
- Read the information on the screen, check the relevant checkboxes and click the Delete button.
- You'll have to check a reason to tell Google why you're leaving. Unsurprisingly, "Security Breach" isn't on the list. But you can choose "Other" and give that as a reason.