Hurricane Florence is expected to make landfall along the US Atlantic coast tonight or tomorrow. While coastal Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina are expected to be the hardest hit, anyone who lives along the US Eastern seaboard should be keeping a close eye on the storm’s progress.
As of today, Florence is a category two storm, with high winds and heavy rain. Per the National Hurricane Center, folks in South Carolina up to the Mid-Atlantic region should have a hurricane plan in place and be prepared to follow local officials’ advice. For those of us not in the area, it's a good reminder that you should have a disaster plan in place.
You can track Florence and keep up to date with the news via any of these resources:
- The National Hurricane Center’s dedicated Florence page
- Accuweather’s Florence forecast and tracking page
- This interactive map from CNN
- The Weather Channel’s interactive Florence tracker
- NBC News’ Florence livestream
- The official National Hurricane Center Twitter account, plus the accounts for NHC Atlantic and the Storm Surge Unit