Podcasts are a great way to pass the time during your commute, or if you’re running errands or doing chores. If you’re looking to kick your career up a notch, you can make that time even more productive by listening to career-focused shows. Here are podcasts for each career stage to help you get ahead.
Image from tinhtephoto.
When you’re in the first couple of years of full-time work, you have a lot to figure out to kickstart your career. These podcasts help you gain inside views into what you need to know and how to learn it.
- Career Tools: Granular strategies to tackle the most difficult parts of starting off your career, from the different kinds of mentors and how to find one to negotiating job interviews.
- Happen to Your Career: Designing a career or job that makes you look forward to Mondays isn’t easy. This show focuses on how to do that, with tips from experts.
- How Did You Get Into That?: The name pretty much says it all. If you’ve ever wondered how to get into a certain industry or job, these experts share their own paths to help you figure it out.
You’ve hit your stride and want to push your career to the next level. These podcasts help you boost your mindset so you’re ready to take on more.
- Manager Tools: Specific strategies to learn how to manage or become a better manager.
- Pivot: Things don’t always go smoothly. This podcast helps you know how to handle career or job changes with ease.
- This Is Your Life: This show is currently on hiatus, but there are plenty of past episodes to soak up to learn how to lead better and push your career.
- Being Boss: Down to earth advice from experts on how to master your career — and life.
If you’re a leader or have decades of work experience, you need different insights than someone who is in their first or second job. These podcasts guide you to think about leadership and to keep widening your impact from a place of influence.
- Heroine: Women leaders share their advice for pushing your career, and leadership, to the max.
- How I Built This: Interviews with leaders who share their insights and learnings from roles at well-known companies.
- One Part: Hear from a variety of experts at the top of their field.
There are some podcasts that tackle topics that apply to you no matter what stage you’re at in your career. Of course, some episodes may be more relevant to you than others, so feel free to cherry-pick the right episodes for you.