LinkedIn today released its 2018 Top Australian Startups list which ranks the most sought-after workplaces changing the way we work. The ranking is put together by analysing the actions taken by members on LinkedIn, revealing the 25 most-wanted startups by professionals. Here is the top ten!
Matt Tindale, Country Manager, LinkedIn Australia & New Zealand, says the inaugural 2018 LinkedIn Top Startups Australia list surfaces the young companies attracting attention and disrupting industries.
"It is also great to see such diversity in the list," he says.
"It is encouraging that the founders of the top two startups, Canva and Expert 360, are women.
"It is fascinating that the list doesn’t just feature tech players, but includes a mix of companies from diverse sectors such as graphic design, consultancy, furniture, financial services, marketing, as well as food and beverage."
This is the first time that LinkedIn has published an Australian list.
The 2018 Top 10 Australian Startups:
1. Canva: a graphic-design tool website, founded in 2012, used by non-designers and professionals.
2. Expert360: an online marketplace which allows businesses to engage and manage top talent for short-midterm projects.
3. Escient: specialises in helping its clients improve, extend and transform their businesses through enhancing organisational agility and effectiveness, harnessing digital disruption and providing exceptional customer experiences.
4. Koala.com: A company with a mission to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online.
5. Airtasker: a community platform that connects people who need to outsource tasks and find local services, with people looking to earn money and ready to work.
6. Prospa: an online small business lender.
7. Versent: provides technology transformation services for enterprise clients.
8. Youfoodz: a changing menu of fresh meals, protein-packed snacks and cold-pressed juices delivered fresh to doorsteps and via 3000+ stockists.
9. Assembly Payments: flexible payment solutions to enable marketplaces, platforms and banks to create online payments.
10. Bench: an integrated performance marketing platform used globally by top brands and agencies.
The full list of the 2018 Top Startups in Australia is HERE.
LinkedIn Top Startups List companies must be privately held, no more than seven years old and with a minimum of 100 employees.
Key factors for ranking include interest in the company, employment growth, engagement with employees, job interest and retention. The timeline measured was July 2017 to June 2018.