Video: It’s a thrill to have a place of your very own. It can also be incredibly daunting, especially if the most you’ve ever thought about home decor was the time you taped fairy lights above your bedroom mirror. But you don’t need to turn into Chip and Joanna Gaines overnight.
In this episode of Lifehacker’s Adulting series, we’ll give you some tips for making your space feel like you, or rather, a more sophisticated version of you.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What you should keep, and what you should toss (so long, bed risers!)
- A trick for hanging picture frames in a straight line
- The type of bed linens that’ll make people think you have your life together
- How to choose houseplants that are difficult to kill
- My favourite home decorating philosophy