You wanted: Shower maintenance tips, Google Assistant hacks and KFC Zinger Double Takeaway Truth. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from last week.
- Dealhacker: Get $300 Off Samsung Galaxy Note9 (And A Free Galaxy Tablet)
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is, by all indications, the best Galaxy phone yet. Unfortunately, it’s also bloody expensive. On the plus side, you can currently save $300 on the 512GB model with no strings attached. Here are the details!
- What Phones Is Fortnite Android Available On?The Fortnite Beta For Android dropped in this weekend which meant that you could shoot dudes and build forts on your phone. That is, you could do those things if you had fairly recent a Samsung Galaxy phone. Everyone else had to patiently wait – or play Fortnite on a different platform.
- Windows 10’s File Explorer Is Getting A Dark Theme
Perhaps receiving a kick in the pants from Apple with its new dark theme for macOS, Microsoft has added its own take for Windows 10’s File Explorer, as part of a recent Insider build.
- Takeaway Truth: KFC Zinger Double
Takeaway Truth is an occasional Lifehacker feature where we compare marketing images to what you actually get served. Today: KFC’s Zinger Double!
- 7 Things You Can Do With Google Assistant
Apple has Siri, Amazon has Alexa, Microsoft has Cortana and Google has Google Assistant. One of those names is not like the other but the functionality of Google Assistant is still up there with the other personal assistant apps. Here are a few things you can do with it.
- 30 Words You’re Probably Mispronouncing
Dictionary.com has updated its list of commonly mispronounced English words. We’ve included them below; along with links to the proper pronunciations.
- How To Tell If You’re ‘Middle Class’ In Australia
Politicians are fond of pitching to the “average Australian” but judging by the income of Australians, whether you are middle class depends on where you live. And where we live tells a rich story of who we are as a nation – socially, culturally and economically.
- Get Better TV Picture Quality By Changing These Settings
If you’re one of those people who buys a brand-new TV, spends hours straining your back trying to place it in your home entertainment centre (or affix it to your wall) and starts watching your favourite show to celebrate… you missed a crucial step. Your television, new or old, comes with a bunch of settings that are worth exploring to get the best picture quality — or, at least, a picture you’re pleased with.
- How To Maintain Your Shower, According To A Plumber
Your shower pipes are not like your computer — they’re not supposed to be out of date and barely working within a few years. Completely replacing the plumbing system isn’t something any homeowner wants to do and if you treat yours right, you shouldn’t have to.
- To Run A Better D&D Game, Turn On This Netflix Feature
Running a game of Dungeons & Dragons, or any tabletop role-playing game, involves telling your players what they see. Players rely on you to give a sense of tone and ambience, but also to point out anything interesting or relevant to their quest. But they also need you to leave them room to ask and explore. A good game master learns how to describe a scene in enough, but not too much, detail.