Mel Robbins is a motivational speaker and the author of The 5 Second Rule. She’s also the host of the Audible Original, Kick Ass with Mel Robbins. In this episode, we talk about motivation, taming the negative voices in our heads, and how we can kick our own asses to get from good to great.
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate and review!
Discussed in This Episode
- The five-second rule (and not the one about food)
- How the struggle to get out of bed is a metaphor for anything you’re struggling to do
- Mel’s TedX talk that launched the five-second rule
- Why, when you’re nervous, you should tell yourself you’re excited
- All about her Audible Original Kick Ass With Mel Robbins
Our Upgrades of the Week
Every week we like to let you in on the upgrades we’ve made in our own lives. This week we talked about understanding where you’re coming from in a relationship, and the mantra “trust the process” (which is, apparently, a sports thing).