In this episode of The Upgrade, Mike Steib, CEO of XO Group and author of The Career Manifesto: Discover Your Calling and Create an Extraordinary Life talks about figuring out your purpose, taking calculated risks, and finding a fulfilling career.
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate and review!
Discussed in This Episode
- The story of how Mike’s “Career Manifesto” Google doc was created
- How to figure out if you’re on the right career path
- Why you need to focus on what you hope to achieve
- The importance of self-care — even if you’re a hard-driving professional
- Why mornings are so important
- How to tolerate risk in your career
- How to go about creating new habits (and eliminating bad ones)
- How to make networking more meaningful
Our Upgrades of the Week
Every week we like to let you in on the upgrades we’ve made in our own lives. This week we talked about brushing your teeth in the shower, not looking at our phones around the kids, and the many joys of foam rolling.