In the video above, trainer Jordan Syatt shares his favourite moves for people who are good at regular planks and want a harder exercise. But you can also try these as a challenging addition to your regular plank workout. You could attempt 30 seconds of each, for example, and they will add up to a short but intense workout for your core. Here are the moves:
- Regular plank
- Then lift one leg off the ground
- Bring that leg to your side
- Regular plank, but scooch your body back so your shoulders are behind your elbows (this is called a “long lever” plank)
- Long lever plank with one leg lifted or to the side
- Superman plank, with your arms straight out in front of you (a more extreme version of the long lever plank)
- Superman plank with one leg lifted or to the side
Of course, if regular planks are tough enough for you, feel free to keep working on those. Try it with straight arms, too — this demands more of your arm muscles but makes your core’s job a little easier. Depending on your strengths, you may find one works better for you than the other.
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.