Our guests this week are video game designer and Seth Scott, creator of Membrane for the Nintendo Switch, and YouTuber Brian Lewis, creator of the Magic: The Gathering advice channel Tolarian Community College. We discuss how to use party games and card games as icebreakers, channels for creativity, and full-blown hobbies.
Photo: Michał Parzuchowski
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate and review!
Discussed in This Episode
- Why games make the greatest icebreaker
- Games you can play with no equipment
- How to run a smooth game night
- The two ways to win Balderdash
- How to start playing Magic: The Gathering
- How to pick a deck of Magic cards
- How Magic has evolved over 25 years
Our Upgrades of the Week
Every week we like to let you in on the upgrades we’ve made in our own lives. This week we talked about putting the Weather Underground forecast on your calendar, J.K. Rowling’s crime novel The Cuckoo’s Calling, and online personal trainers..
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.