Our guest this week is Outside magazine columnist Alex Hutchinson, author of Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance. We discuss how endurance is a skill that involves drive and belief just as much as muscle – and how we all have the potential to go farther, push harder and achieve more.
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate and review!
Discussed in This Episode
- How to keep going when your mind is telling you to stop
- Why our brains tell us to stop exercising if it’s good for you
- Why it’s actually difficult for us to drive ourselves to total exhaustion
- How much progress you can make in pushing your own limits
- Practical ways you can increase your own endurance
- How self-talk can enhance your endurance
Our Upgrades of the Week
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.