In this episode we talk to Stephen Snyder, a sex and couples therapist and the author of Love Worth Making: How to Have Ridiculously Great Sex in a Long-Lasting Relationship. We’ll discuss why you should be sexually selfish, how the idea of “desire” can mess up your sex life, and why Stephen is against cuddling.
Photo: Jenna Jacobs (Unsplash)
Listen to The Upgrade above or find us in all the usual places where podcasts are served, including Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher and NPR One. Please subscribe, rate and review!
Discussed in This Episode
- Why we feel pressure to have “enough/” sex
- How pressure can destroy the mood
- How Stephen defines “arousal/”
- Why he’s anti-cuddling and pro-“simmering”
- Why you should be sexually selfish
- Why he doesn’t believe in sex dates
- Why mindfulness is important for a good sex life
And so much more!
Our Upgrades of the Week
Every week we like to let you in on the upgrades we’ve made in our own lives. Because we’re good people. This week we talked about making a nightly cocktail, starting meditation, and the maturity it takes not to lecture your kid.