Photo by Yukiko Matsuoka
The New York Times just released a calendar even more useful than its astronomical event calendar. The NYT 2018 book events calendar, available for Google or Apple, includes highly anticipated book releases from authors like Zadie Smith and Dave Eggers, plus events, literary anniversaries, and releases of movies based on popular books like Ready Player One and Where’d You Go, Bernadette?.
Some highlights from the next few months:
- January 23: Winter, the second book in Karl Ov Knausgaard’s autobiographical “Seasonal Encyclopedia” series, comes out in English.
- February 5: Zadie Smith’s essay collection Feel Free comes out.
- February 12: Judy Blume turns 80.
- March 1: Ten writers get $US50,000 ($63,778) each from the Whiting Awards.
- March 9: A Wrinkle in Time comes out in theatres.
- April 15: The Pulitzers!
- May 30: BEA (BookExpo America) returns to New York City, immediately followed by the more fan-driven BookCon.
The calendar is currently filled up to June, and will be regularly updated. It’s a bit crowded with anniversaries and “In case you missed it” clutter, but you can scan it for the dates relevant to you, and export them to your own calendar.
Book Your Calendar [New York Times]