Google recently released its own home voice assistant, the aptly named Google Home. It can do all kinds of interesting things, but some of its features may not work well if your home or work addresses aren't properly set up to begin with.
Last week, Google finally released Google Home in Australia, a voice-controlled smart appliance that can answer questions, remind you of your schedule, play music and even control your house lights. But how does it fare against the similar Amazon Echo? Let's find out.
As CNET points out, certain features such as weather or traffic updates rely on your address, and if your location is incorrect, the information might not be quite right. It's fairly easy to fix this issue. They explains:
- Open the Google Home app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap the hamburger button in the top left of the app.
- Select More settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Personal info under Google Account settings.
- Tap Home & work locations.
- Enter your home address and tap OK.
- Optionally, enter your work address and tap OK.
It's an easy enough fix, and for more solutions for common issues with Google Home, head to their full post below.