Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The sad news of Ursula K Le Guin's passing, the Australian Federal Court probably don't play a lot of video games, bogus life hacks and more!
- Over at Gizmodo, they've got a wonderful coffee machine review that made my mouth water [Gizmodo]
- An Australian animator is pitching his anime series to both Netflix and in Japan. Bold move, Cotton. [Kotaku]
- Ursula K Le Guin has passed away, aged 88. She was a prolific author, writing some of the seminal science fiction and fantasy novels of the 20th century [Gizmodo]
- It concerns me how little Australians know about January 26. A great piece on some recent surveys about Australia Day. [Business Insider]
- Australia's Federal Court has the best takes on video games [Kotaku]
- We post the real life hacks, but what about the bogus ones? Here's nine of the most bogus popular life hacks [Business Insider]
- EVE Online stories are always great - there's a massive battle raging in the game, with the kind of story lines you only see on Game of Thrones [Kotaku]